Monday, December 23, 2013

Sunday Funday!

Awesome breakfast again except even better because after watching the european dude next us order a cappuccino, we realized all coffee beverages were included! I got a latte and Bobo got a cappuccino. Then took a hundred pictures of milk mustaches and I laughed so hard I cried. Why did I laugh you wonder? Well I have had a runny nose for almost a month now and I couldn't feel whether it was my snot that was dripping or if it was the frothy milk. Turns out it was my snot.
Oh no we fell asleep halfway through the photo
Passed out in the lobby… Someone put sleeping pills in my breakfast
After I drank crack in my coffee
We got a taxi to the Catholic church that ended up being walking distance and we had to walk an additional 10 minutes because the driver didn't know where he was going. What I don't understand is a lot of the time taxis don't know where you want them to take you, yet their job is taking people places. Honestly if a tourist is trying to go somewhere, how off the beaten track could it be? The church was beautiful. An australian dude told us where the bathroom was in meters and we were like uh okay so just somewhere up ahead on the left? The funniest part though was that the priest was Australian and during his homily he said, "Christmas isn't just about some little baby!" Bobo and I started laughing so hard.
After church we walk back to the hotel which is faster than the taxi ride took. Now to get our nails done! We find this place that has enough room for 3 people for manicures and pedicures. We pick our color then go to the other room to the pedicure chairs. Then all of a sudden each of us have two girls to do our manicures and pedicures simultaneously and we feel like queens of the castle. I'm watching the chicks and I start thinking, "Wow these people are really sanitary, they keep spritzing my nails after every stage of the manicure and pedicure with rubbing alcohol or something. Wait a tick… thats Victoria's Secret body spray. This just got really weird." So at the end we had like 17 hundred gallons of body spray on our feet and hands, but pretty nails too.
Interesting "Please Note" at the nail salon
The protesters march by the nail salon while we are there and mom is seriously interested in the protesters. She asks every thai person details about it after I told her it's best not to because its a sore subject with them. So of course she asks the nail ladies and the conversation got awkward. Bobo and I starting joking that every time mom went to ask a thai person a question she would come back and say, "They didn't understand what I was saying so I asked about the protests."
If you want to meet some professional thai cooks well look no further than Bobo, mom and I. In other, more obvious, words we took a cooking class! Bobo and mom were freaking out because we had to walk down this long alley to get to the place. I was chilling though because I'm scared of nothin! Just kidding, I'm just used to the sketchiness that is Thailand. We learned to make 5 traditional thai dishes. Som Tom (papaya salad), Tom Yum (soup), Masaman Curry, Pad Thai, and mango sticky rice. It was the coolest experience. The chef guy was so funny and knew great english because he lived in America for a little while. Guys if you don't have lemon grass, kefir lime leaves and galangal ginger then don't even waste your time making thai food because its not thai food without those 3 key ingredients. Literally Mr. Oatmeal told us that like 7 times. So its official, no food is thai food without THE KEY INGREDIENTS! It was a super fun and yum time.
 
The sketchy alley way that slowly got even sketchier
Hey look at their aprons.
Its all about presentation
Cooking "thai style" AKA on the ground
Bobo is such a crazy
Oat (like oatmeal) the coolest chef dude ever
Tom Yum finished product
Hey look its the ingredients for Pad Thai on a tray
Tasted even better than it looks
Ms. China and some weird posers
Glamor shots with mango sticky rice and Ms. China

No comments:

Post a Comment