Saturday, January 25, 2014

Bang Bon family hits the town

I've come to a conclusion. Why wait until the weekend to go out? The weekend isn't the tough part. Going out during the week is a lifesaver. By going out I don't mean going to the disco or whatever it is the kids do these days. I mean going out to eat at a place you maybe couldn't afford, but are willing to make a sacrifice for a better state of mind.
The buildings being swallowed up by the trees... dun dun dun
So Jonathan, Parker and I went to Firehouse. The great burger place... again. Yes, us three do hang out sometimes. We went out a little earlier this time because we didn't want to stay out as late. It takes a bit to get there at that time of night (about an hour and a half) and then eating plus getting home. However, the main reason we went out earlier is because that part of town is a really wealthy part of town, but also pretty sleazy. I have never seen someone pick up a prostitute until I went there. It's super weird, you feel safe and all the restaurants and bars are really nice, and then theres tons of older men walking around alone or with young thai women and I think to myself, "Sir it may be legal here, but you still look like a scum bag." Sorry that went a bit far. Moving on.
Just riding the BTS with a million other people
Sometimes I like to stare at my photos and try to figure out what my camera chose to focus on
Our burgers were delicious as usual. I got the same burger as last time because I wanted to and its not like we're not going back. I also made sure to take pictures of myself eating the burger because I'm weird. It also happened to be happy hour 'buy one drink, get the second free' so that was pretty exciting. After dinner and laughing and eating and drinking we decide to try the german beer restaurant. We wanted some quality beer not made from rice for once. It was really good and we finally got our first photo of the three of us together.
Look at that balsamic glaze just dripping down
And the buffalo mozzarella melting beautifully atop that high quality grass fed beef
I don't know why the mojito was brown in color, but it sure tasted good
I ate all of that
Jonathan with his BaconBleu burger and 3 mayos to dip his french fries in
Parker impressively managing to eat his double patty burger
I tried it and it was great
After leaving for dinner at 5:30, we finally got home around 10:30. It was a great night. I went to bed that night in a sweatshirt!!! Yes its cold enough to wear a sweatshirt to bed here. Its great.
On an unrelated note, there isn't much to do here in Bang Bon. I often find myself starting new television series and finishing them relatively quickly. I tend to like the shows that only last 2 seasons. The apocalyptic variety. So anyway I've gotten very interested in this one show called Arrow (not apocalyptic by any means) with this very buff guy in it. They always show him working out which I suspect is supposed to generate some sort of sex appeal, but then theres these girls who are also super strong and well trained in fighting. So now I've started working out in my room again because maybe 20 push ups and 40 crunches will make me a great fighter like the people in the show.
Found some cool street art!
When in doubt... make a bar out of your van.
A taxi for baby sized people

No comments:

Post a Comment