Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Roaming around town

Walking around downtown even now provides some weird and funny views. Can I call art 'weird' or does that mean I just don't 'understand' it. Well whatever it means, there is some weird art in these parts.
This statue is outside of the Modern Art Museum
You could take a picture on top of 'her' but I found that… well… weird
I loved these kites strung up
The english in this city just never gets old. People are always trying to use english words for their shops or their advertisements because maybe it makes them look educated or sophisticated. I dont know. What I do know is that they often choose words that are a bit too obvious or generally miss the point entirely. I liked this store name because I agree that the best name for a store that sells silk is Silky. Really gets the message across.
A strictly enforced No Littering rule
The view the Mandarian Oriental provides of the river
Some awesome air quality here in Bangkok, wait what color is the sky again?
Silom is one of my favorite nicer locations in Bangkok
I had never been to Khao San Rd. during the day before and I really wanted to go because I knew there were more vendors out during the day than at night. I wanted to get my dear friend Natalie a hand made genuine leather purse. The vendor proved the leather was genuine by holding a lighter up to it and the purse didn't catch fire. Previous to now I didn't even know that real leather did that, so not only did the guy unknowingly have an amateur on his hands, but I also learned something new which was thrilling. I know how typical this sounds, but I actually really like Khao San because it has a great feel to it. Theres cheap food and drinks and plenty of bars/cafes with free wifi and you can sit right up to the edge of the sidewalk. I guess I'm your typical tourist. The road isn't closed off, but only crazy people attempt to drive through that kind of mass of people.
Pad Thai from a street cart on Khao San Rd.
The worlds best I guarantee
View form where we were eating
Oh yeah and theres a bunch of white people on this street as well
The more night life area of Khao San
The signs for the bars look like they were inspired from classic Las Vegas hotels

No comments:

Post a Comment