Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My People

Well I won't lie to you all, being here in Thailand has not been anything easy for me. I suppose that is to be expected. Maybe a greater thing to worry about would be if it was easy for me. The new place and such was difficult to get used to for the first couple days, but after a couple weeks I got the lay of the land down. After exploring and such I like it here.
The hardest part is being away from those I care most about. The ones I can talk to without having to think of something to say. It can really get exhausting conversing regularly with people you hardly know. Takes a lot of brainstorming. So anyway I got to thinking, where would we be without the people we care most about. I can't even imagine. I've been thinking a lot lately about a theory I've developed that states theres two types of people in the world: 1. People people 2. Place people. It is fairly simple. People people (for lack of a better term) are people who can make the best of anything and everything if they are simply with those they care about the most, or at least a few of those they care for the most. Place people can make the best of anything and everything if they are simply in a place they love. I am certainly a People people.
I guess I just wanted to say that I miss my people. I love all of my people so much, you guys are great! Some of the best times of my day come when chatting, emailing or face timing with those I care about. Carry on and stay wonderful. Don't ever forget those people of yours exist.
The people here are nothing compared to my people, but they can certainly bring a smile to my face.
They like Harry Potter so naturally they're my favorite class.
Also the girl in upper left actually looks exactly like a Thai Beyonce
I'd rather be their friend and not their teacher, but that is obviously impossible because hello I'm like old and white. So maybe I'll be like a friendly teacher. First I have to figure out how to be a teacher though. Could serve to be useful.
On a somewhat unrelated note, starting now I will try to be more positive. I am a firm believer of acknowledging the negative in life, but I do believe you get through things better if when acknowledging the negative you also notice more positive than you do negative. For example, my last class took it all out of me and I knew I was achieving fairly little. However, one girl followed along the entire time even though the kids had already learned the same lesson in a different class (I found this out later). The one girl didn't quite outweigh the feeling of helplessness I felt, but then I remembered a girl in the middle of class coming up to me with various snacks to try and telling me the names of each. It was so nice and cute. I just ate the sweet crunchy treat she gave me and it was aloy (delicious)! I felt so dumb for getting wrapped up in failure and forgetting the kindness of a 13 year old girl, so thats what started my new goal. I'm thrilled to begin it.

No comments:

Post a Comment