Friday, December 20, 2013

I think she's sitting on top of me.

The weekend has come and we finally get to enjoy the Bangkok vacation! After I'm finished with classes I leave and we all pack our stuff up and catch a taxi. The taxi ride takes about an hour and 45 minutes due to the immense amount of traffic caused by a combination of the protests as well as school getting out. The second we arrive at Holiday Inn (yes a little Chingy was sung) we are thrilled and forget almost immediately that it took that long. Theres Christmas decorations everywhere and ITS A HOTEL!!!
Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
"Leah get your camera ready…" Bob is a creep.
We check out our room and its a shnazzy pad with a circular window. I'm into it. The best part though is that not only does it have a bedside lamp that is not equipped with an LED light, it also has a soft bed, AC, a TV and the best part… hot water! Like can you say amenities?! Literally so thrilled already.
We start walking around deciding to find something to eat because all of us are suddenly really hungry. After a lot of contemplation and uncertainly we decide that we want to go to The Guinness Irish Pub. Thai food is delicious and all, but sometimes you gotta have your non Thai food, you know what I mean? Mom got fish and chips which came with pretty much an entire fish deep fried and a beer, Bobo got a salad (as usual) and a chocolate covered strawberry blended alcoholic drink that tasted as good as it sounds, I got a burger (obviously) and a mint chocolate chip blended alcoholic drink that was complete with two oreos (they knew me so well).
A little girl in a big world
"Leah you're not cool enough to take pictures of cool architecture."
Merry Christmas from the cuties
So many cuties!
I told you they fried the whole fish
Our plan for the whole week was to get massages on Friday and now that we are all settled in our new place its time. My back hasn't been more excited in its whole life as a back. Mom is too tired to go, so Bobo and I venture off on our own. The place is across from our hotel, yet took us a little bit to find. We finally get there and tell them we want Thai massages. At first we were nervous because every guide book says something along the lines of, "A woman braving the Thai massage." Like okay anything that is described using the word braving sounds like bad news, but who cares right?! When in Thailand!!
They wash our feet in the lobby of the massage place and we're like, "Oh are they doing it right here?", then I realize they just want us to have clean feet. Then they give us these bamboo sandals, that I wish I could have kept, and lead us upstairs. They gave us scrub like clothing to change into and then had us lay on this bed on the floor. It was super comfortable. The massage was amazing! Like I almost don't even have words to describe it. The lady uses the weight of her whole body to work out all your kinks and its wonderful. I started to think of how funny it was to pay someone to rub your body, then reminded myself that I was thinking too much. 90 minutes later after a lot of 'feels great' plus a little 'hurts so good', sadly it was over.
But wait! There's more! She led me downstairs back to the lobby area and provided some delicious ginger tea. It was the best ginger tea I've ever had. Bobo and I drank ours in pure relaxation then got to wash our hands with the wet heated towel they provided. It was so cool guys. And all of this for a total of 500 baht including tip. Thats about $15 dollars. This place is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment