Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Arrival of America

MOM AND BOBO FINALLY ARRIVED!
The school shortened this week's and next week's classes to prepare for sports day. I found that kind of interesting how much school they were sacrificing for the preparation of sports day, but its a different world here so its casual. It was super convenient for me because then I could spend more time with Mom and Bobo when they arrived! On Sunday I attempted to clean my entire apartment, so I borrowed a broom and some bug repellant. Then washed my sheets and swept and cleaned the bathroom. You know your average cleaning stuff that no one cares to hear about. Lucky for them the weather cooled down a bunch too.
Tuesday comes and I'm like freaking out all day thinking, "Why can't they get here already?!" and this state of mind started the moment I woke up earlier than my alarm at 6:45 and lasted until around 2:30. I got done with classes at 1:50 and left to go wait for them at my apartment. Every taxi that drove by I looked up at to see if it was them, but nope… nope… nope… not them. Suddenly one turns down the road at around 2:30 and guess who it is?! I hope you guessed my mom and Bobo because it was a really easy thing to guess.
They jumped out and I jumped over to them and we hug jumped and all that. After my mom gave the taxi driver the biggest tip he's seen his whole life (50 baht), we lug the suitcases upstairs. The one that was the heaviest was full of food and stuff they brought me which was funny and cool. Funny because they brought me more things than they brought themselves and cool because they brought me more things than they brought themselves. Mom managed to get that 45 pound bag up 4 flights of stairs on her own. Very admirable. Thank you America for Kettle chips, KFC chocolate chip cookies, and English Breakfast Tea (which is not from America… I know… Okay! Also it really is way better than Lipton yellow label, which I didn't think was actually true until now).
This picture in all its blurry beauty lacks only the Twinings English Breakfast Tea
P.S. Yes I know you're jealous of my Thai bedding
They were apparently not tired so we laughed and talked and walked around a little. Suddenly the sun sets around 6 and Bobo is napping and my mom is in her pajamas already. Not tired… right… But I force Bobo to wake up (she was talking in her sleep saying things like "I already told you the last time you woke me up!!" we were confused) and make her get dinner with me. She liked my favorite place, like I didn't know she would or something.
Aerial shots from the apartment balcony
Wednesday they went to school with me! It was really fun and everyone was so excited to meet them. I took them to class and the students like freaked out. The little kids literally threw their hands up and went, "WOOOO!" It was funny. The students asked them for help referring to Bobo as 'Teechaa' and my mom as 'Mom' which was super funny. They had a birthday celebration for one of the teachers here so Mom and Bobo got to try a lot of Thai food. Bobo accidentally ate the spicier papaya salad and had a minor spice attack chugging an entire bottle of water. The Thai teachers loved that.
After school we went to the bigger market which is the equivalent of a dollar store only outside. They weren't really impressed by that which was appropriate. Then we walked to Big C and they bought some treats for people back home. On the way out we got boba tea at this place thats pretty yummy, but mostly just cheap in American standards. It was $0.90. We rode the Song Tong (I have no idea how its spelt or pronouced) back to the apartment, got some wine coolers I cut my finger opening then spilled all over the table also trying to open, then went and got dinner at my favorite place. All three of us had spice attacks and nearly died from fire breath, but in the end we were all full and tired. Went home and fell asleep 25 minutes into the movie.
I guess the camera wasn't as straight as I thought.
They were excited to ride the Song Tong.
"Omg my hair is totally in my face…"
Super enthused
Just your average BBQ attached to a motorcycle, brilliant really.
Ours won the race
The cats here are such good models
Action photo that probably doesn't need a caption
No other type of pet is relevant anymore
Mom loves flowers
Just checking out the beautiful water ways
Just kidding the water ways are pollution city
Bobo's best friend and kindred spirit
"Here take a picture of me standing on the ledge. Can you see the background?"
Aerial shots all day baby.
"Okay now lets get another one without that lady in the background."
Take 4
Look at the picture on the lid. It's me with hair and Bobo with 3 hairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment