Saturday, January 4, 2014

How could I forget Krabi!

Upon uploading photos from my camera from the past few days I discovered photos I forgot existed along with a day I forgot existed. I can't believe I forgot about Krabi!
The day we had to leave Koh Phi Phi, Mom, Bobo and I caught a long tail boat to the ferry dock on Phi Phi. That was pretty cool actually. I like those little boats. But he didn't let us off on a dock like one might normally assume. Instead he went until the beach got shallow, threw his anchor down and we walked a quarter of a mile (that is my best approximation, I am horrible with approximations) in shin deep water to the beach while he carried our rolling luggage on his shoulders like a boom box. On shore are a bunch of little stands selling the usual… elephant pants, tourist shirts, fake sunglasses, coconuts and banana pancakes. We buy some stuff and get on our way onto the ferry to Krabi.
Silly me couldn't put two and two together and realize they are called long tail boats because of how long the propeller is.
I thought they were referring to the long nose and just didn't know good english.
Beautiful sites everywhere you go
Bobo soaking up the sun and looking mighty fine doing it
The color of the water was my favorite
The walk to the beach in shin deep water
My camera was still across my body and not my neck resulting is a crooked photo
Thanks strong man boat driver
We arrive at Krabi and get slammed with, "Madam Taxi?!" repeatedly so we get kind of exhausted and irritated from that. But we can't just go sit at the airport for four hours waiting for our flight. We have to face the taxi men and go somewhere. Mom, the amazing planner of the trip, discovers there will be a night market in Karbi so we go there for 2 hours.
Welcome to Krabi!
"What are the gorilla guys for?"
We arrive early so theres not much set up yet. Theres two places to sit and wait while more things are set up, 1. The center of the square that is in direct sunlight and 2. The multitude (jk there were only 3 I think) of bars on the only shady side (no pun intended ha ha ha) of the market. So obviously we choose the second option and each get a drink.
Prettiest Pina Colada
Best Mojito ever created
Mom liked the local Thai beer
We finish our drinks and realize its dinner time so we decide its time to do the once around of the market. It is the coolest night market ever! Stalls for everything edible, but cooked. No weird scary half alive fish or pound of raw meat anywhere. We got grilled bananas, a banana pancake, coconut ice cream, 4 rolls of sushi (super fresh fish here in Krabi) and 2 chicken kebab tacos that were more of the greek style. It was all so good! This was one of Mom, Bobo and I's favorite places by far!
We meet back up with our taxi man who said he'd wait for us and are on our way to the airport. Such a great last night at the beach.
Fresh juice is never hard to find here
Beauifully prepared pineapple
The sushi man and son
Sushi City with Bobo
Oh you forgot to get your nails done?!
Worry not! You can get it done at the market!… Naturally
The Banana Pancake Man
A Thai banana pancake is essentially a thin piece of dough similar to that of pizza dough boiled in a wok like pan then you wrap the goodies inside the dough into a square
Organic fish cake?!?!?!?!… Appealing to tourists in hilarious ways
Such a fun ambiance
Samurai fish BBQ man
Sooo good! Wish I could eat these everyday!
Delish chicken with veggies, yogurt sauce, garlic sauce and chili sauce
I am happiest when I am eating
Coconut ice cream in a coconut!
"Picture?! Okay Peace!"
SPRINKLES!!
Excellent entertainment from small children

No comments:

Post a Comment