Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Working hard for my money

When I first came here and everyone told me that Thais were all about fun, I only partially understood what they meant. I tried to imagine it from my American view of 'all about fun'. This obviously didn't suffice because if theres one thing these people know how to do, its laugh and have a good time.
In the past month we have only had 5 real full days of school, the other days were either shortened or there was no class. So after all of this tough time teaching long hours and endless days of students we have our first real day in about a month. This first real day was yesterday. I was dreading it because on tuesday I have my worst class of all (like so bad that boys burn girls hair in class). It passed by though, as things always do.
Now get this… since we have tomorrow off for Teacher's Day, the celebration at school had to happen today of course. So surprise the first and second periods are cancelled. So my day just got super rough. Not only did I have class second period (which as I just said got cancelled), I also have two classes with seniors who are taking their midterms this week so those were cancelled. So basically I have been getting paid to blog and go on Facebook lately. Hey guess how many classes I have friday… you wouldn't actually know the answer to this question, but if you were to make an educated guess based off of this blog you might guess that all my classes were cancelled and you would be right!
Hey you kids! Go over there and stand in some lines! Good!
Some of the prizes were these coolio bikes
The winners rode their bikes around the school in Rocky style
This is me dying of heat in the sun and taking a photo of myself doing it
And this is a photo of kids walking across the marble stage on their knees to present the administrators with flowers
It was a little weird

No comments:

Post a Comment