Friday, February 21, 2014

Later students...

I had my very last day of teaching. I never thought the day would come. I will say, I don't think my teaching abilities got any better the entire time I was here. I think I just learned how to get by better which may sound bad, but I am quite proud of myself for that alone. Teaching is the hardest thing I have ever done. I haven't done many hard things in my short life, but I have done some things other people might find hard. I can say teaching is far more difficult than Calculus 2, weeding your dads palm tree farm in the middle of summer, taking care of small children, running three miles and getting an A on a paper based entirely upon theory. One thing teaching might be equally as difficult as is making good quality well crafted pottery, both of which I have not successfully done so I wouldn't know which is more difficult.
I will miss all my students so much; the smart kids, trouble makers and everything in between. Okay that statement was a bit ambitious (and I'm assuming the grammar is atrocious) since I had like over 800 students in total. So I'll miss all the students I will miss and the ones I will miss fall into those three categories of students. They said such wonderful goodbyes. Some gave me huge hugs and some were too scared to, but made indications that they wanted to. They welcomed me so easily right off the bat and were always so kind to me. They would give me treats in class and if they bumped into me they would turn around really fast and say, "Sorry Teecha!" and wai (put their hands in prayer position in front of their nose and bow) me. I wonder if they knew they were teaching me the whole time. I learned there is never a time when a smile isn't okay (even when you're friend just hit you with the white out you let them borrow). I also learned that even the smallest reason for a celebration is enough. I learned several other things, but most importantly I learned to always say thank you... ALWAYS!
I still have a little less than a month here. We are supposed to get all of our final grades together and such. You know all that stuff teachers do when school ends that none of the students know that they do. I also intend on doing some more fun things so hang in there readers. You can't get rid of me that easy.

Hey guys thanks for the breakfast most mornings
Nothing like a good pork skewer and sticky rice for breakfast
My little 7th graders are so cute
The scout outfits they have to wear every wednesday are classic
A couple of trouble makers

Guys the senior girls loved me
I took like a hundred of these back to back

No comments:

Post a Comment