Monday, February 10, 2014

Market trip

I took my camera along on an average trip to the big market on sunday. You never know what you'll see in this place. The ride to the market was unusually terrifying, but terrifying in a good thrilling way. We take song tongs to the market. They're more or less mini trolleys, but with a completely open back. Like a truck with a truck bed that has benches and no tailgate. Theres bars on either side and a riding board, but nothing to go all the way across the back. So I am the only one standing and I'm holding onto the bar above me while we fly over the freeway passing cars on either side, weaving through the lanes. As the wind wonderfully blows through my hair I look back and realize if I let go of this bar above head, I would certainly fly off the back going 40 mph and be run over by the many cars behind us. Casual ride.
The way back was hilarious. We decide to run for the song tong to try and make it. The scene is right out of a movie. The street lights have countdowns so I'm running as fast as I can in my flip flops holding my bags from the market just watching my time tick away faster than I can run. Jonathan jumps on right as it starts to drive and I obviously don't make it. But then he pushes the buzzer to make the driver stop and now I have to run through the intersection. With only a brief glance over my shoulder I run through and finally make it laughing at myself, only to find the thais aren't at all entertained. This place is classic.
The sunsets every night are beautiful
A game room at the market.
When you gotta play, you gotta play.
Baby bunnies!!!
This little dude was so cute
Was totally expecting this to be water, surprisingly it works quite well.
It would be so funny if this truck crashed
Just fishing
This is long overdo, but I must thank my dear older sister Amy for helping me customize this blog. She has helped so much and took time out of her own day to do so. I am so happy she did so. Love you Aims.

No comments:

Post a Comment