Thursday, October 31, 2013

The First Day

Well the first day was interesting. They apparently have this whole assembly every morning to sing the school song and they all line up on the grass. Two out of my three classes were canceled because they had some sort of camp so I had one class with the oldest kids, the M6 class. Thats 50 minutes out of a 8-5 work day.
Class was so funny, but the kids were helpful so that was nice. I got real nervous and blew through my introduction while forgetting to do half the things I wanted to do, but it was too late to go back. Sooo I played hangman with the class for like twenty minutes. The kids loved it... I think. What I guess I didn't realize until now that I'll actually be a teacher with little to no guidance from anyone. I'm not sure why I thought it would be easy to be a teacher when I have no teacher training at all, but I suppose I'll manage.
I'm pretty sure one boy was laughing at me like the whole class, but it could just be my nerves talking. Overall the day was fairly uneventful.
The coolest part is hanging in the teachers lounge. I'll tell you one thing, you know when you're in school and you always wonder what the teachers do in the teachers lounge? Well they literally eat, plan, and talk about the students.
We eat lunch together a lot. She brought me lunch today.
Just your average Wyteboard Marker...

No comments:

Post a Comment