Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wifi went for a walk.

One topic that must be mentioned at least once is the wifi. I keep trying to tell myself, "Hey Leah! You're in Thailand! Cry me a huge gigantic river if theres bad wifi! Show a little appreciation for the simple things in life!" It hasn't been working though. Probably because I would never show that much enthusiasm when talking to myself and would rarely show that much enthusiasm when talking to other people. It can be a big old bummer when trying to find some connection with loved ones back home. But I will take a faulty connection over no connection at all. Oh the advantages of the 21st century! Gosh that is like 17 too many exclamation points for one paragraph.
I went on a short and solo walk to the 7/11.
I call this "Life in the medium speed lane"
Just another hut.
The walk was partially terrifying and partially exciting. Terrifying because ever since birth I believe I have been told to not walk alone since I'm a girl, but check me out! I'm alive and well and running wild. It was exciting because I was going to find out if 7/11 sold bread, I was going to buy a Coke for sure, and I was going to take a gander at the variety of juices because I should try to remain somewhat healthy and I like the taste.
One thing about the convenience stores here is they provide you with a straw with every beverage purchase. So dang classy. So far one of my favorite things about Thailand. Also Minute Maid "Pulpy" is divine.
I kind of love the look of my apartment building. There is probably a better word for "kind of love", but I'm not a dictionary.
 Don't listen to anything your literature, humanities, film or otherwise teachers say. Being barred in can just as easily symbolize freedom. Such a geometric view.
Baby blue never looked better.
So anyway I got my daily exercise. I'm going to be frank with you all. Due to my lack of activity (I don't start teaching for another week) I have been working out in my room like your average inmate. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.
Carry on dog.
(That caption applies to both the dude in the pic as well as you, reader.)

No comments:

Post a Comment